What is the role?
Michaels Energy is seeking an energy efficiency professional with experience in client and project management. The Associate Product Manager will have two primary responsibilities: Product Management and Strategic Energy Management (SEM) Coach. The Associate Product Management role is responsible for small client portfolios or portions of larger client portfolios. While training under an experienced Product Manager, this role will manage budgets, efficiency goals, timelines, and deliverables for their clients. The SEM Coach is the non-technical lead for the SEM program. Responsibilities include leading educational sessions with customers, removing barriers to efficiency for customers, public speaking and organizing training session logistics. We are looking for someone with a passion for energy efficiency who wants to solve energy issues for clients and will exemplify our core values.
- Program and portfolio management
- Collaborates with engineering to set scope, budget and processes for assigned programs.
- Establishes the program and marketing strategy, roadmap and deliverables.
- Monitors budget and timelines at the program level.
- Determines level of staffing resources needed and works with engineering to secure those resources.
- Client Satisfaction
- Main point of contact for client
- Responsible for goal achievement and client satisfaction
- Works to expand client share
- Tracks and reports on key metrics for assigned programs
- Responsible for escalated issues and program/process changes
- SEM Coach
- Facilitates educational sessions with SEM participants
- Performs on-site assessments with engineering partner to identify energy efficiency measures
- Organizes logistics and materials for educational sessions
- Coordinates events for hosting workshop sessions
After 3 months, you will have….
- Learned Michaels internal processes and business practices
- Completed at least one customer site visit
- Begin delivery for the 2022 SEM cohort
After 6 months, you will have….
- A thorough understanding of the SEM program design and guidelines
- Led customer educational sessions and project report outs
- Led meetings with assigned clients
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two years combing any of the following:
- Energy efficiency industry – e.g., utilities or performance contracting
- Project Management
- Public speaking experience
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Excels at communicating complicated ideas to a variety of audiences
- Strong interest in energy efficiency/energy industry
- Able to work independently with limited direction
- Able to develop plans and road maps for program delivery
- Up to 50% regional travel for site visits, customer meetings
- Occasional overnight travel
- Michaels office locations: Cedar Rapids, IA (preferred); La Crosse, WI; Minneapolis, MN or
- Remote in Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Illinois