Who are we?
Michaels Energy is a veteran-owned energy efficiency firm with a team of energy professionals who are hard-wired to optimize systems and eliminate waste. Energy efficiency, resource preservation, and long-term cost-effectiveness are an integral part of everything we do to help preserve this big, beautiful planet that we call home. Our passion is developing long-term client relationships with energy users, utilities, consultants, and partners. Our core values are to provide:
- Responsive and proactive client service
- Collaborative partnerships
- Intuitive analysis
- Fanatical execution
What is the role?
Michaels Energy is seeking an experienced engineer to provide technical support for Strategic Energy Management (SEM) in Iowa. This position will identify energy efficiency measures, coach customers on energy best practices, and perform energy analysis for commercial and industrial buildings.
Technical tasks include conducting building investigations to identify energy saving measures, project costing, calculating energy savings and ROI, installing data logging equipment, building energy use regression models, and performing custom energy analyses. Client and customer communication is critical in this role. This position will work closely with a partner to lead energy efficiency collaborative educational sessions with customers. We are looking for an engineer who is passionate about energy efficiency and removing barriers for the customer that will result in the implementation of energy efficiency projects.
- Data Collection & Analysis
- Develops data collection plans prior to site visit
- Gathers data while on site, including: visual inspection of equipment and operations, customer/operator interviews, building plans and documents, photos, spot measurements, and data logging
- Identify operational efficiency opportunities
- Performs energy engineering calculations using MS Excel and other software tools
- Develops appropriate engineering calculations/simulations to accurately portray the equipment or system under study
- Customer and Client Communication
- Lead educational sessions with customer energy team to prioritize energy efficiency measures
- Documents the project findings including baseline conditions, proposed conditions, and specific details related to the project
- Write reports that can be understood by a technical and non-technical audience using proper grammar, punctuation, and company templates.
- Provides regular updates on project status to customer, clients and/or project manager
- Communicates with end-users, vendors, and other engineering consultants to gather information required for project completion
- Completes project to meet customer expectations while adhering to project budget and scope
After 3 months, you have
- Learned company processes and procedures
- Completed at least one customer site visit
- Identified energy efficiency measures
After 6 months, you have
- A thorough understanding of the SEM program design and guidelines
- Led customer educational sessions and project report outs
- Completed at least one full energy study for a customer facility
- Four-year degree, preferably in mechanical, chemical, or building systems engineering
- At least 3 years of experience combining any of the following:
- Energy efficiency industry – e.g., utilities or performance contracting
- HVAC operations, controls, and/or building energy investigations
- Utility program experience in SEM, retro-commissioning, ASHRAE level 2 energy audits, or custom rebate calculations
- PE or Engineer in Training (E.I.T.) preferred but not required
- Public speaking experience
- Excels at communicating complicated ideas to a variety of audiences
- Skilled at persuading customers to implement efficiency projects
- Deep interest in energy, systems, and process efficiency, and improving productivity
- Lifetime self-learner
- Up to 50% regional travel for site visits and customer meetings
- Occasional overnight travel to customer sites and company headquarters
- Cedar Rapids, IA, Central or Eastern Iowa
- Office, remote or hybrid
Michaels Energy Diversity Statement
We strive to build and nurture a culture that is inclusive and welcoming for all employees. We know diversity and inclusion are essential to innovation, a strong work environment and exceptional results. This fits in well with our culture that celebrates the unique, the different, and the individual. For us, this is who are and what we do, not just words in a policy.